Sales and Marketing Messaging Alignment
According to CSO Insights, Sales and Marketing Messaging Alignment is the easiest productivity improvement to do, with the lowest cost to implement that results in the highest impact on the organization.
Sales and Marketing Messaging Alignment Outputs:
- Buyer-persona (stakeholder) goals, needs, industry issues and typical problems faced by different stakeholders and the impact of those if issues if unresolved,
- Win themes that consist of relevant product capabilites that help buyers achieve goals and thus create value for the buyer, expressed as value chunks, describing what the capability is, what it does and what that means for the buyer.
- Content Creation Templates to create keyword-rich, buyer relevant content that will resonate with target buyers. Content creation templates enable marketers and writers who were not involved in the messaging exercise to generate highly aligned content.
- A Messaging Architecture to drive consistent messaging throughout the marketing cycle, which is maintained over time,
- A Visual Confection and narrative designed to position relevant capabilities (not products and features), and how they create differentiated and measurable value.
- Sales-Cycle Relevant Messaging
The first step in improving lead generation and marketing performance is to thoroughly understand the needs and likely areas of interest of your target audience. This may sound obvious, but most Websites are inwardly focused on product and service features instead of engaging interested visitors around their issues.
When we truly understand the needs of our target buyers, we are in much stonger position to engage the buyer in conversations about their issues, which in turn enables us to create differentiation in the mind of the buyer